Calculating Tier Usage %

Hi all,
I’m trying to calculate the % usage of platform tier assigned for specific accounts. As per below sample data I want to calculate “Tier Usage %” which is just a volume divided by “Tier Limit”. What is the most efficient way in QS to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for all inputs.

hi @Rad ,

Yes we can achieve this by PercentOfTotal function.

Please have a look on the below link.

Thanks & Regards
Biswajit Dash

2 Likes

Hi @Rad : You just want to divide the column and get the percentage or you need aggregrate w.r.t a column and then calculate the percentage. In first case, you can simple use (A/B) * 100 to get the percentage. For second case, you can follow @Biswajit_1993 approach.

Regards - Sanjeeb

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing but i’m afraid it doesn’t solve my case. I don’t have tier limits in my data source, so I’m I able to create such categories within QS or should i maybe upload excel file with such data?

Hi @Rad - Can you please provide your input and expected output so that we can guide your in right direction.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @Sanjeeb2022
I have only columns A and B ready in database. I need to assign for each account a fixed tier limit as in column D. Once I have this data, I’m able to calculated the output as in column E. Currently tier limits are not available via SQL which i’m using for all remaining data, so maybe should I go for csv/excel file for this ad hoc task?

Hi @Rad - Is the Tier limit is static or it will also change? if it is a static, you can create a look up table and join both data sets in QuickSight and calculate the Tier usage . If you will put it in excel, you have to make the data set in SPICE and then do the join with SQL data and it will also be in SPICE.

I prefer look up option and it is easy to manage as well from DB side. however some user may refer to upload the csv file from UI. So nutshell it depends :slight_smile:

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

@Sanjeeb2022 thank you! that makes sense. Let me test both solutions.

2 Likes