Column Conditional Count

Hello
What is the QS equivalent of the Excel CountIf function. Furthermore, if I have a row vector [1,2,3,4,5] and would like to count all numbers greater than 3 - how would one go about doing that in QS? I have 250 columns over which I would like to do an conditional count going down for each row.

developer

Hi @Fractal
That would be

:wink:
BR

1 Like

Thanks for the response ErikG.
Will I be correct to understand that you suggesting I use the countif function 250 times, to make sure I check over all the columns? If so, that was my first attempt. It worked but I wondered if there is a more eloquent way of doing the conditional count. NB: In Excel one just reads in the 250 columns once, with one count if.

It’s a bit tricky as it’s more an transformation part and QA isn’t to transform data. Specially in case of different columns.

Hello @Fractal !

Was @ErikG 's suggestion helpful, and if so could you mark their comment as the solution? Or if you were able to come up with another solution could you post it to help the community?

It has been some time since we have heard from you but would still like to help you find the solution.

Hello @Fractal !

It has been some time since we have heard from you but would still like to help you find a solution.

If we do neat hear from you in 4 days this topic will be archived.