ConcatOver / ListAgg (Aggregate fields enumerating values / concat values)

Is there a easy way to have a concatOver function?

From here:
PRODUCT_ID || COMPANY_ID
1 || A
2 || A
3 || B
4 || C
5 || C
6 || C

I would like to get, in a pivot table grouped by company_id, something like this:
COMPANY_ID || PRODUCT_ID
A || ‘1, 2’
B || ‘3’
C || ‘4, 5, 6’

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @albertocalle,

Are we looking to concat the row value for each product into a single column value and then group them by the company?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @albertocalle, We have this on our roadmap however in the interim you may have to push this calculation down to database leveraging listagg function.
I am marking my reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved or you need additional help on this. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

Regards,
Karthik

1 Like

I was already pushing down to the database (using listagg), but it would be great to operate it in quicksight to use filters and controls. Good to know it is in the roadmap and looking forward to see it coming soon, thanks!

Create your new column next to the concatenating values in the Pivot table. In the first row (below your new column label) insert your concatenation formula referring to the cells of the Pivot table. Drag down to fill the formula beyond the last row of the Pivot table.

1 Like

Hello @Karthik_Tharmarajan

I hope this message finds you well. I’m writing to inquire about the availability of the above specific feature. I have a use case that requires a function similar to ‘LISTAGG’ or ‘GROUP_CONCAT.’ Currently, I’m unable to manage everything at the dataset level, and it appears that QuickSight’s capabilities are somewhat limited in this regard.

I would appreciate an update on when such a feature might become available. It can be challenging to repeatedly encounter limitations when trying to fulfill user requirements. Your insights on this matter would be invaluable.

2 Likes

Some of the reason why data cant be pushed to database level :
Activation of row level security.
I want to have list of location that my report receiver can see (below the header of paginated report).

I would like to express my profound disappointment regarding the substantial number of limitations in QuickSight at this juncture

2 Likes

Hi Karthik,

Hope you are doing good.

I wanted to follow up on the above requirement, As you said as this is on your Roadmap.

So I’m eager to know status of roadmap for same requirement or progress, Could you please provide insight & status of the intended feature in quicksight ? Has there been any headway made on its implementation or are there revised timelines we should be aware of?

looking forward your reply.

@ErikG

Thank you.

1 Like