Data aggregation

Hi All,
I need to do a data aggregation from a denormalized data set where the metric “store visitor” repeats in every row of the specific store. The aggregation needs to calculate the total store visitor count for the category that store belongs to.
So, say, if Store 1 has 100 visitors and Store 1 has 20 rows in the data (thus visitor count 100 repeats 20 times) and Store 2 has 50 visitors and Store 2 has 10 rows in the data (thus visitor count 50 repeats 10 times) and these stores belong to Category 1, I need to show Category 1 in the report with total visitor count 150.
I think I need to use sumOver function, but the final report should only show Category, not the store name.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Burak

Hi you can use the filed if its exists in your dataset. If the field not show in visual you can use it in sumOver function.

1 Like

Hi Burak. Did Naveed’s suggestion work for you?

Thanks Naveed for your reply and my apologies for my late response.
The issue is I want to sum over by taking each store visitor count but I don’t want to show store level detail in the output.
So, when I write my sumover function to take each store visitor count but then when I only want to show Category, the visual gives an error because the fields by which the sumover is built is not in the output:
sumOver
(
max({T-Visitors})
,[ {StoreID},{StoreName} ]

)

I also attached a screenshow showing how I want to roll it up,

Any thoughts?

Hi,

I think issue in your sumOver
(
max({T-Visitors})
,[ {StoreID},{StoreName} ]