Distinct count on a calculated field - Category

Hi All, I have a calculated to identify category for certain set of partners. I tried doing distinct count but QS doesn’t allow any distinctcount function on calculated field with nested logic. Any easy way to count this in QS? thanks in advance for all help on this

Hello @Vineet_Jha, welcome to the QuickSight Community!

What are you doing in your calculated field and what type of visual are you wanting to display this in? If you apply a filter based on the calculated field, you could just run distinct_count on the original field and it should be filtered accordingly. With a little more information I should be able to guide you further.

Hello @Vineet_Jha, are you able to follow up with information about the calculated field that you are wanting to run a distinct count function on? With some more detail about this issue, I can likely guide you towards a solution. Aggregations in QuickSight often work more seamlessly when running them off of fields directly imported from the dataset, but there are a few work-arounds I have learned to make this work. If we do not hear back from you in 3 days, I will unlist this question. Thank you!

Hello @Vineet_Jha, since we have not heard back from you with any follow-up information, I will unlist this topic. If you need further assistance with this, please post a new question in the community and link this post in your topic. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!