Importing two Athena tables into Quicksight - 'Fake' full join

I need to import two tables into a single dataset, however, I do not want to join them. I have tried running a full join type on two fields that won’t match to just bring back all records but I’m getting this: ‘GENERIC_USER_ERROR: Encountered an exception[null] from your LambdaFunction … Task timed out after 900.04 seconds]’

Before I ask my system admin to see if they can increase the timeout quota is there any other ideas to maybe getting this to work?
Or does anyone if that timeout quota can be increased?
The only thing is I don’t know what it needs increasing to due to the nature of the full join I’m attempting.

If you require any further information then please just ask, many thanks.

Hi @riley.anderson - The timeout is for lambda function, from where you are getting this timeout.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @Sanjeeb2022,

Thanks, yes I did see that and I can now see that the maximum time is 900 seconds per execution. As I’m already at the maximum time per execution then is there anything you could suggest to overcome my problem?

Many thanks.

Hi @riley.anderson - What is your data source? Can you please more details on this.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @Sanjeeb2022,

The dataflow is MongoDB → Lambda → Athena → Quicksight

Any more information and please just ask, many thanks.

Regards, Riley

Hi @riley.anderson - Thanks, ideally the solution should be

Mongo DB → Lambda → S3 → Athena → QuickSight. Then Athena will fetch the data from S3. Can you do this way.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @Sanjeeb2022,

Sorry, you are correct it does go Mongo DB → Lambda → S3 → Athena → QuickSight already.

Regards, Riley

Hi @riley.anderson - In that case, can you see the query run time in Athena? It should not hit the lambda function.

The error mentioned by you is related to lambda, please run the query in Athena and then you can connect athena from QuickSight. Give some screenshot which will give some errors .

In parallel, please submit a ticket to AWS Customer support team so that they can see your issue by screenshare and advise you the right solution. To raise a ticket, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support.

Regards - Sanjeeb