Question as the description below

hi Team,
we have a platform for companies to take the trainings. and one company may have several users to take the trainings. and our logic is that if there is one user of the company completes the training, then we will recognize that this company has completed the training. and now we want to visual the training “completed” rate and “Not started” rate in Company level (not user level) using a donut chart. Please kindly advise how could we make it. Thank you!

Hi @ling,

If you can use filter option, you can use donut chart like below.

But you should select specific one company in filter to visualize correctly.

Another option is below.
You can visualize by company at a glance instead of using donut chart.

Option1 : If it’s ok to only show completed ratio, it’s easy to visualize with Horizontal bar chart.

Option2 : If you want to show both of Completed/Not Started ratio, you should create calculated field like below.

count({Training status})/max(countOver({Training status},[Company],PRE_AGG))

and then visualize with Horizontal stacked bar chart.

BR

hi @ [yusukez]
Thank you for your detailed guidance.
But sorry for my bad wording and causing misunderstanding.
We want to visual the training “completed” rate and “Not started” rate in Company level . And our logic is that if there is one user of the company completes the training, then we will recognize that this company has completed the training.
So according to this logic, in this data source, Company A,B,C has completed the training, Company D not started yet. So the “completed” ratio is 3/4=75%, and “Not started” ratio is 1/4=25%.

Hope my clarification work~ please kindly help to advise how could we make it. Thank you!

Hi @ling,

I understand your situation.
Visualizing data with a donut chart can be challenging without a specific column, such as ‘company status’, that indicates whether anyone has completed a task per company. You might consider using some ETL tools or SQL for this purpose.

Though it may not offer a complete solution, the following approach could be feasible if you prefer not to transform the data.

1. Create calculated field
distinct_countIf(Company, {Training status}='Completed')/distinct_count(Company)
  1. Visualize with Gauge chart.
  • Change value format from 3dots menu
  • Select 360 in arc style
  • Set 1 as value for max in Range

BR

Did above solution work for you? I am marking this reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community!