Questions about QuickSight Q: saving questions, time granularity, link visuals to questions

Hello team! I have 3 questions related to QuickSight Q:

1. How can we save our questions and reopen later?
  2. If week is the smallest time granularity in the dataset, how can we visualize the trend over time?
  3. There is a feature to link dashboard visuals to specific questions but it doesn’t work. Error message says ‘A field used in this visual is no longer available in the current dataset.’ Do you know what could be the reasons?

Thank you!

1. I don’t know if there is a native way, but you might be able to utilize the bookmark option in a dashboard.
  1. Are you saying that your data only has a week or that your data is grouped to weeks? Can you share a screen shot of what the error is? Can you change the aggregation?

1. I would open up a case with AWS support to look into this. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

You can now pin Q visuals for easy access to frequently asked questions. Check it out!

1 Like