QuickSight - Dataset join issue/Dataset size limitation - [High Priority Question]

[High Priority Question]

Hello All-

I’m having some trouble with a visual I’ve created. I am joining several datasets to 1 dataset because I have to showcase all data in one visual. The datasets on their own look good. But error occurred once I joined the dataset.

The rows for the first dataset was 9xxx, once I joined one more dataset (3xxrows), the total rows became 70xxxx. And if I joined the other dataset(total 7), then faced QuickSight error called “DATA_SET_SIZE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED”, I couldn’t import all data and visual issues happened.

BTW, I’ve used full join(should be correct I think…) and the dataset type is csv file.

Does anyone understand the reason or any solutions?
Could you please share any best practice?

Thanks for looking at this - Weiwei

Hi @liu_weiwei

This dataset exceeds the maximum allowable SPICE dataset size. Use filters to reduce the dataset size and try again or increase the SPICE Capacity.

Regards
Aneek

Hi @Aneek_Arora

Thanks a lot for your quick response! Could you please share more insights on how to use filters to reduce dataset size? I’m new to QuickSight and exploring now, many thanks.

Regards,
Weiwei

Hi @liu_weiwei

Kindly review filters in data prep stage in Analysis - Editing filters - Amazon QuickSight

Regards
Aneek