QuickSight Exporting Automation

We have need to export table in a dashboard or export the entire dashboard on a regular basis. The latter feature doesn’t seem to be available. But the export to excel/csv seem be working ok. Is there a way to put that export on a schedule, so that we don’t need to do manual export on a regular basis?

Any work around is also appreciated!

Hi … if you have a date in your data set you could try and schedule a send if date equals x or something similar. Give that a go … i won’t be able to look at this for a couple of weeks so if anybody had another workaround please feel free to share.

If you are talking about the “Email report” option on dashboard, it presents two challenges.
It’s a none text based email. The output is not manipulable.

What we want is csv or excel dump into storage like s3.
Is there any workaround for that?

appreciate the answer either way.

Did you find a solution to this?

No sir. We don’t have a solution. We had to work around our design. But if you have a solution, please share with us.

may I know the data source? you may try schedule running Athena query and export results to S3

Our data sources are comprised with csv stored in s3, and athena tables. But what you suggesting, does it still have quicksight ?

This question may be difficult to answer through the community forum, because there is no native QuickSight at this moment. I will message you privately to discuss possible solutions.