QuickSight is pulling the wrong data, what am I doing wrong?

I am using an sql DB that is connected to QS, all my data source are custom queries.
One of the fields I pulled came up only as 1’s and 0’s when in reality it has multiple types of values (0,1,10,20,30,40,50). when I add a where clause to my query field > 1 it had no effect.
I tested this out in a regular query outside of QS and the data pulled currently.
Any ideas??

just checked and the data type is TYNINT if that matters.

What is the datatype for your field in quicksight?

I set it as both integer or decimal and it stayed as 1 or 0 (even tried string just to see what happened).
For now I found a work around, I was going through the data and was able to see that the sql knew the difference its just QS that was displaying the data wrong so I add a case when and that column showed the data currently.

I still want to understand why it wasn’t working, out of curiosity and for future reference.
Could it be a bug?

I would suggest opening up a ticket with AWS and replicating it to see if it is.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

1 Like