Text field search box being slow with spice dataset

I have a text field search box and it is grouped with multiple fields, means, you can search 6 column’s values in the box but the search is being very slow that visuals are unable to load and it shows took too long after loading for sometime though the data search was happening on a spice dataset.

But the similar search box does not have any problem with Querymode dataset that fetches data from S3 through athena connection. Can anyone pls provide some solution to avoid this search box timeout or any other alternatives to integrate multiple fileds in a single search control without any issues

hmmm that’s interesting. It should be faster with SPICE.

Have you tried to refresh the search box?

@Max i can’t see any refresh option for the search box nor has the option to show relevant values based on default filter or user based filter to limit the search across less volume of data.

The following statement is what i see on all the visuals when i perform a normal search operation on the search box
Getting data for the visualization took too long

Query mode dataset search is way more better but it lacks the ability in other advantages spice dataset has…

Hi @lalprasanth

I would suggest opening up a support case so that AWS can walk through this together with you.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!