Trying to connect Resource Planning Tool API to QuickSight

Hi there,

I’m attempting to connect my firm’s resource planning tool, BigTime, to QuickSight via their API.

This is an example of the connection string they provide:
Server=tcp:xydz-tty-tepg.database.windows.net,1433;
Initial Catalog=xydz-tty-tepg;
Persist Security Info=False;
User ID=matz;
Password=L$9psZXUtBxlU7xp6N;
MultipleActiveResultSets=False;
Encrypt=True;
TrustServerCertificate=False;
Connection Timeout=30;

BigTime’s DB is Microsoft Azure, so I’m attempting to create a new data source from the “SQL Server” option; however, I can’t see to get the configurations correct as I keep getting the following error:

I have been successful connecting another BI Tool to this API, but just can’t seem to get it to work for QS. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @jasonfields - Can you please ensure the Azure accepts the connectivity from QuickSight IP’s, each QuickSight region have specific IP range, can we add that in Azure DB inbound rule to allow the connection. see the link -AWS Regions, websites, IP address ranges, and endpoints - Amazon QuickSight

Also before test the connectivity, can we test the connection using any client tool to ensure connection is open. In parallel, please submit a ticket to AWS Customer Support team to help you on this as they can troubleshoot the issue by screenshare. To raise a ticket, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support.

Hope the above details will help you.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi @jasonfields

We have not heard back from you regarding your question. We would still like to help. If we do not hear back in the next 7 days, we will archive the question.