1 click embedding pop up window

I have set up my idp on my platform for SSO on Quicksight for registered users. I am using 1 click embedding to embed the dashboards. Now, when a user logs, my current flow creates the user on Quicksight and I manually give access to the user permissions to the dashboards I’d like them to see. When a user accesses one of the embedded dashboards, there is a window on the dashboard’s place asking the user to log in to Quicksight. Then a pop up window appears, authenticates the user, and then closes automatically. When the user refreshes the page manually, the dashboard loads. Is there a way to do the authentication in the background without the pop up window since the authentication happens without any required user input and then refresh the page automatically? I want to automate this process using 1 click embedding as my current architecture only supports this.

Hello @ckofterou, have you looked into the GenerateEmbedUrlForRegisteredUser functionality?

You will need to be able to connect the user on your application to their UserArn in QuickSight, but this should be what you are looking for!

Hi @ckofterou,

I ran some tests of my own and see the same behaviour (inChrome, Firefox, Edge). I can’t see a way to hide the popup or refresh the page automatically after a successful sign-in. When I next visit the page (while still signed in), the page automatically loads, so this appears to be the behaviour on the first visit to the page.

I’ll tag this as a feature request and archive your question.

Many Thanks,
Andrew