10K limit on map

I have a population of 1.2M constituents across the globe, and I want to create ability for my users to have a zoomable globe/map. We often create events catered to where our alumni live, and being able to go to a place on the map and see the alumni count would be a requirement.

I really like your clustering visual, however I see a “10000 limit”. Is there a setting where I can increase this or remove it? I don’t see it. Would that be in the Admin section?

@DavidAllyn68 ,

Before I confirm, could you post a screenshot regarding the limit ?

Kind regards,
Koushik

Hi Koushik,

This is what I see in QuickSight. This is not representative of our alumni population. Also, you will note at the top of the chart “Showing top 10000 in…” Is there a setting in the map or Admin where I can allow all data to be shown?

This is what I can do with MatPlotLib, and I was hoping to see that same scatter of our alumni. For example, look at QS representing South America or Africa. QS represents only a few dots, where there are many, many more.

Hi! @DavidAllyn68, please reach out to your Account Manager. I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.

As a work around, you maybe able to create multiple visuals with filters for different regions or create some sort of aggregate grouping.

Did this solution work for you? I am marking this reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community!

Hope this helps!