Adding a VPC connection to QuickSight with only 1 subnet

Last month, I was able to add a VPC connection to my QuickSight account with only 1 subnet. This configuration still exists and I can see in my QuickSight account that it has been associated with only 1 subnet. However, now that I want to add a new VPC connection to a new AWS account, the “ADD” button does not work and it is written that I need to have at least 2 subnets. I tried creating the VPC connection through QuickSight CLI as well, but even that way I need to provide a list of subnet IDs with length of at least 2.

Has there been a policy change by QuickSight in the last 1-2 months in terms of necessary number of subnets to be able to add a VPC connection to QuickSight ?!

Thanks.

Hi @HatAbd9241 - Are you planning another VPC for the same AWS QuickSight account? If yes, it should not be an issue. Can you share the error screenshot so that it will give more details.

Also please raise a ticket to AWS customer support team so that they can see the issue by screenshare and will guide you in resolution. To raise a ticket, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi @Sanjeeb2022, I have tried both adding another VPC connection for the same AWS QuickSight account and for a new AWS QuickSight account and in both cases, I am not able to add a VPC connection to QuickSight account with only 1 subnet anymore. It seems like there is a sudden policy change regarding the minimum number of subnets needed for adding a VPC connection to QuickSight or at least the enforcement of an already existing policy.

In the attached screenshot, I am trying to add a new VPC connection to my current account which already has 1 VPC connection with only 1 subnet. As it can be seen, the “ADD” button is not available therefore I can’t proceed with adding the connection.

I will try to reach out to the QuickSight team by raising a ticket.
Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @HatAbd9241 . Please update us when you will get the solution from AWS Customer support so that it will help wider community.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

@HatAbd9241 @Sanjeeb2022 ,

Yes there is requirement of minimum 2 subnets based on the latest announcement for Multi-AZ support ( Amazon QuickSight now supports VPC Connections via public APIs with Multi-AZ support ) .

Documentation : Configuring the VPC connection in the QuickSight console - Amazon QuickSight (Search for Subnet IDs )

Kind regards,
Koushik

2 Likes

Hi @Koushik_Muthanna! Thank you for confirming my assumption! I will proceed with adding a second AZ and corresponding subnet to my account then!
Cheers.

2 Likes