Adding other email id's in alerts

Currently, when I create a threshold alert, my email-id is the default recipient and I can’t change it. Is it possible to provide user with the option of inputting the email-ids which should be notified if the threshold is breached?

2 Likes

Hi,

By default QS used your login/admin of analysis email for corresponding.
its is good practice to create an admin account with your client name like tcs@test.com etc.

This solution will not work if I want to add different email-ids for different dashboard alerts (I can’t create separate admin account for each email-id I want to notify). Instead users should have the option of specifying the email-ids

Hi,

Each registered user in QuickSight can configure the threshold alert on their own for a dashboard and they should receive an email when the alert is triggered.
Regards,
Koushik

Right now you can’t add other users emails to alerts. They configured to be personal alerts. I’ll mark this as a feature request

Are there any updates on when this feature will be available? The alerting seems very very limited as of now if it doesn’t have some kind of mass reporting or if its not integrated with Cloudwatch or anything like that.

I’d like to also chime in the desire to allow Authors the ability to subscribe lists of people to a dashboard threshold alert (also through API would be nice)

I agree with everyone on here. Alerts could be really great if they could be customized to send to different emails.

1 Like

Hi
Any update on this feature. I need to add my leadership team (VP and Directors), who want to receive alerts based on specific values. As of now they will have to create alerts themselves for each metric (>5 metrics) shown on the dashboard

Hi all. Thanks so much for your feedback. I have shared this thread with our team and confirmed that our team is aware of this feature request. At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a better service. Thank you!