Amazon QuickSight iOS App Stuck at Login Screen After Successful Browser Authentication

Dear QuickSight Community,

We are facing a challenge with the Amazon QuickSight iOS and MacOS applications regarding the login process.

Background:

• Our organization uses Google Workspace federated with AWS IAM Identity Center.
  • We’ve successfully implemented Single Sign-On (SSO) for accessing AWS services, including QuickSight.
  • Authentication is handled through AWS IAM Identity Center, and SSO works smoothly via web browsers.

Issue:

• While SSO login works seamlessly on web browsers, users encounter a problem when trying to sign in to Amazon QuickSight through the iOS and MacOS applications.
  • Users are unable to progress past the login screen on these applications, leading to frustration.
  • The application shows “Redirecting you to another sign-in page”, opens a new page on the browser, logs in successfully on the browser, but the application remains stuck at the same page on iOS and MacOS. (see attached image below)

*Any insights, guidance, or steps to troubleshoot and rectify this issue would be highly appreciated.

Hello @gorkem.yontem.reef , welcome to the Quicksight community!

To troubleshoot this, which web browsers have you tried on IOS/MacOS?

I would also suggest creating a support ticket for this issue. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

Hi Duncan, thank you for your answer.
I have used Safari on IOS and Chrome on MacOS.

I am managing the AWS, I have the admin rights.

Hello @gorkem.yontem.reef !

I’m sorry about the late reply, are you still running into this error?

My recommendation is if you have followed the right process to set this up according to the documentation and are still hitting this error to create an AWS support ticket. Here are the steps to open a support case . If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account.

Thank you Duncan, I believe that I have followed the right process, since I am able to use properly and smoothly from the browser, I don’t have any doubt about misconfiguration for the SSO and the Quicksight. The issue only exist on MacOS and IOS apps.

I have open a support case already. Thank you for leading me to that.

Best

1 Like

After getting in touch with AWS support, we found out that “The Amazon QuickSight mobile app is not supported with QuickSight accounts that are integrated with IAM Identity Center.”

Here’s the doc: Configure your Amazon QuickSight account with IAM Identity Center - Amazon QuickSight

The support team told me that the AWS team has confirmed that this functionality has already been taken as a Feature request, but I have no hope that it comes soon.