I have an analysis in lower environment & I tried to migrate this analysis as Dashboard to higher environment by running scripts. I got the error 'ERROR: analysis_id was not found for analysis name: ’
Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Can you share with us how you are doing this?
Are you just trying to share your analysis with a different user in the same account? Or do you need to migrate to different AWS accounts?
In order to share between accounts you need to create a template and share that template to the new account. Then create an analysis from that template.
- aws quicksight create-template (create template from analysis)
- aws quicksight update-template-permissions (share template to new account)
- aws quicksight create-analysis (create analysis in new account from template)
- aws quicksight update-analysis-permissions (share it to the user)
If you are trying to share in the same account with a new user then you only need to update-analysis-permissions
- aws quicksight update-analysis-permissions
Thanks for the response. The way I’m doing here is
- Create an analysis eg: ‘Orders_analysis’ in sandbox environment based on a dataset ‘Orders’
- I want to move this ‘orders_analysis’ to non prod environment. For that, I will first move my dataset ‘Orders’ to non prod & then call a json script that moves my ‘orders_analysis’ to non prod but as a ‘Dashboard’. Whoever has access in non prod for this dashboard, they can only see an uneditable dashboard (‘orders_analysis’ is available only in Sbx environment)
- However, when I run the script to move sbx analysis to non prod dashboard, I get the analysis id missing error sometimes.
We have 3 environments (as in 3 accounts) once logged into AWS account.
Hope the above explanation answers your question?
Hmm, have you tried doing it with creating a template and sharing that template?