Analysis not populating my datasets from cli

I successfully created analysis with cli after already having my datasets created. I even added the permissions to see the analysis created:
“quicksight:UpdateAnalysis” ]

However, when I click on the analysis, all is blank and there isnt even the option to use a dataset. Is it just taking time or is there a step i’m missing? My datasets have these permissions too:
Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 2.52.49 PM

Hello @japeter89, are you able to see your datasets populated in the QuickSight console? If you do have datasets showing, click on one, click edit dataset, and check if the data is populating accordingly. Now, I would be curious to see the code that you made to create the analysis. Based on your screenshot, it doesn’t look like any datasets were connected or visuals were created.

Yes I am able to see my datasets in console. And yes, I am able to see it populate. I noticed something after posting that I will share. When I did describe-analysis-definition in source account, I noticed an Error array at the top of the file. And when I look at them, they are columns that existed in a previous version of the dataset. So is there a way to get the latest version analysis definition? I think that is the problem or perhaps a bug…
Because, looking in source and target account datasets, they match exactly. Its the analysis definition that has errors in describing the analysis in the source account

The other thought I had is that you can create calculated fields in both the analysis and in a dataset. That could be a bug in quicksight too. Like maybe the analysis that I created using cli, is looking for calculated fields, but they have to be created within the analysis, not the dataset. Because in my case, They are in both.

Hello @japeter89, my apologies for the delayed response. I want to check on something, so when you say the old version of the dataset, was the original dataset updated or was a new dataset created? Maybe the wrong dataset ID is being used in the analysis so if the updated dataset has a different ID.

Also, this issue might be a little bit easier to debug by filing a case with AWS support where we can dive into the details and help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your
company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS
Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.

I think they might be better fit to handle this since they have a little more information about what is going on in your account. I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you. I will raise a ticket and get one on one help and come back here to give the solution!

1 Like