Analysis visuals and parameters not loading

Hi all,

I have a Dashboard built on an analysis. Dashboard is working fine but visuals and parameters of my analysis keeps on loading. I also cannot see my controls on analysis. I cannot see them or edit them.
Attaching images below.

Can someone please help in solving this.

Best Regards.

Hi @Harshvardhan,

This is definitely an odd problem, but I have a few thoughts to help troubleshoot it. Let’s start by seeing what’s going on with the dataset. Some questions for you:

1. What’s the underlying datasource? How big is it and are there any complex joins or table scans?
  2. What’s the spice capacity that the dataset takes up?
  3. Can you edit the dataset and see a sample of the data? How long does that take to load.
  4. What region do you have Quicksight deployed in and what’s the network look like between you and the datasource?

One troubleshooting technique to consider that will help us understand if datasource latency is a problem, is to export a small amount of data into a csv file and upload that into quicksight. If that works, we can rule out the dashboards and visualizations and keep focusing on the dataset.

Thanks!

wstevens

1 Like

Hi,

Answers to your questions-

1. Underlying datasource for data is Aurora. There are no complex joins, just simple joins inner joins. There are other analysis who use the same source but different tables, they are working correctly.
  2. This dataset takes upto 12mb of spice.
  3. After editing the dataset I can see sample data. It takes ~5 secs to load.
  4. Quicksight is deployed on N.Virginia. I work on corporate network of amazon.

There are other datasets which also uses this datasource, they are working correctly. Also dataset refreshes daily with new data which is also working fine and I can see changes on dashboard also. When I create a new analysis from dashboard/ or new dashboard from this analysis there I can see these visuals. They are not loading for this particular analysis only.

Thanks @Harshvardhan !

So it sounds like we can rule out the data source and with this loaded in spice, it should be relatively fast. And it’s not a huge dataset.

It also sounds like you have a work-around, true? If you duplicate this analysis, then it loads correctly? If that’s the case, then I’d open a support ticket with the dashboard id and let them look at it.

Otherwise, let’s look at the individual visuals. What are the specific visuals and what are the parameters that you have in this dashboard? Do they load individually, when they are by themselves?

ws

1 Like

Our Data source refreshes daily with new data, If we rule out the data source will we get new data in spice?

Yes, when we duplicate this analysis, new analysis loads correctly.

No parameter is loaded in analysis, even when I create a new visual, it is not loading.

Hi @Harshvardhan ,

Sorry for the mis-communication, I meant that we can rule out the datasource as the root cause of the problem. For example, if the data source has to query an on-prem database via JDBC, that can be slow and affect the dashboard loading. Because you’re using Aurora and have the data cached in spice, that doesn’t seem to be the issue here.

And it’s nice to know that the visualizations load when they are part of another analysis.

It does seem to point to the parameters, at least as a conflating issue. Can you tell me more about them? What are they and how many do you have?

This is sounding like it will need the support team to look closely at your dashboard to see if there’s an issue behind the scenes. I suggest that you open a ticket with support and include the dashboard id.

ws

1 Like