Automation gaps

I have a few automation gaps when setting up Quicksight in AWS I’d like to figure out how to work around:

1 - How can I automate setting Quicksight to use SSO for login?
2 - How can I automate the IAM role that quicksight uses for AWS account permissions? Ive tried to explicitly create a role called aws-quicksight-service-role-v0 via cloudformation but I still have to go into the web UX to link it to the quicksight account.
3 - Anyway I can display a message to my users on their very-first login? Something introducing them to our dataset and directing them to internal wikis to learn more?

@msheiny, it would be good to understand your use case, so curious
what is prompting you to automate the SSO integration since this is typically one time activity. Are you planning planning for a decentralized QuickSight enablement for 100s of accounts, what is Identity provider you are planning to use for SSO enablement. There are few admin tasks that require UI enablement, will submit as feature request.
You can build a landing page for your application either using 1/QuickSight dashboard 2/ 3rd party tools so when you users access QuickSight, they will land on this page. You will be able to customize this page to list dashboard, inform/educate/direct about your BI application components and share links.

what is prompting you to automate the SSO integration since this is typically one time activity.

Lots of infra tasks in AWS are one-time activities - creating a bucket, creating an IAM role - being able to automate infrastructure setup in code is important to our operations.

Are you planning planning for a decentralized QuickSight enablement for 100s of accounts, what is Identity provider you are planning to use for SSO enablement

a SAML provider

@msheiny thank you for providing your inputs, I have flagged this as feature-request.

1 Like