Average is not being done as expected upon aggregation

Hi all!
Finally figured out how to calculate the metric I intended here (Calculating accuracy metric using stdevpOver) on a hourly level but when I aggregate field I expect it to return an average as the following:

1. MASE to the hourly level (correct and validated)

2. MASE aggregation collapsed by C (correct and validated) - Expected value = 1.26

3. MASE aggregation collapsed by B and C (incorrect) - Expected value = 1.15

Thank you so much for all the help in advance! I will gladly share more details in private (including formulas and data).

Miguel

1 Like

To view roll-ups for calculated fields, make sure that you are using aggregates. For example, a calculated field with field-1 / field-2 doesn’t display a summary when rolled up. However, sum(field-1) / sum(field-2) does display a roll-up summary. Also, verify the field-well has the correct aggregate.

Thank you for reaching out with your question. For issues or bugs of this nature, please contact QuickSight support here

Reference:
https://democentral.learnquicksight.online/#Dashboard-FeatureDemo-Calculation-Level-Aware-Calculations

2 Likes

@drpeter Thank you for reaching out.
I am aware that I need to sum the fields to have a roll-up summary but I am afraid I can’t do it due to the nature of the formulas. I would like to share more details if you reach me on slack or chime @jmaido

Miguel

1 Like