AWS cost dashboards - account_mapping (csv) and account_map tables views queries fail

We have had the AWS cost dashboards (CID and CUDOS) deployed and used for months. I just realized that any visual that shows or compares cost by AWS account ID or account name no longer works/is broken.

When I go to the queries in Athena, they have not changed. The format of the CSV file used to map the account id’s, names and business units has not changed. What has changed is the Athena queries return a success when executed, but when you preview the tables/views there is no data. That I am aware no changes to the CSV file or queries has occurred.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, what was your fix? The QuickSight dashboards are now, essentially, worthless to a majority of our organizations.



Hi @wjorgensen ,

Please check the file path for these tables and validate if the files are present as delivered by CUR. Also check the log of crawler ( cidcurcrawler if a recent version of cid deployment was used) .

Kind regards,

Hey @Koushik_Muthanna ,

Thanks for the help. I was able to figure it out. I had a bad path to our account map CSV file.

I used s3://bucket_name/prefix/file_name which (I found out) is not supported by Athena. I changed the path to the object/CSV file to s3://bucket_name/prefix/ and that cleared things up. I did not know Athena does not support an absolute path to an object. I do now though.

Thanks again and have a great day,