Background gradient for numeric column breaks table visual

Cross-posting this issue into the QuickSight community:

As of this writing, applying a background color using a gradient through conditional formatting of a numeric (DECIMAL or INTEGER) column in a Table visual causes the table to render with the message:

The data type of a field used in this visual has changed too much for QuickSight to automatically update your analysis. You can adjust field data types by editing or replacing the current dataset.

This is a new issue that has appeared in recent days and is affecting a QuickSight dashboard that was published months ago and used heavily just last month.

As a workaround, I’ve removed conditional formatting from all columns in the table, and the table is now successfully rendering.

Here is an example using a subset of the data in a new analysis:

This table experiences the issue once a gradient is applied to either of the columns.

(As a new user, I’m apparently not permitted to upload the second image in this post.)

hi @eterobby, if visual was working with gradient background color formatting and is not working now without any changes, I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!