Best way to leverage a top n filter if there are more than 100 values

I have a bar chart with a max value of 100 on the Y axis and placing other values in the ‘Other’ category. I understand how this works but want to hide the ‘Other’ category to reduce any confusion for end users. At the same time, I would like to be able to apply a Top N filter that allows users to see more than the Top 100. I attempted creating a rank slider but could not accomplish this.
Below is a screenshot of what I am attempting to apply a filter to.

The Unique Rider Category Selection is a simple ifelse() allowing for data slicing. Basically replacing the drill through. I would like to rank patients based on count(ride_id) and to be able to show the top 100 or the next 100 after the top 100 without having to guess the max value my filter needs to be set at.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,

this may help you

regards,
Naveed Ali

Hi Naveed,

I was unable to find a solution to this, unfortunately.

Hi @Eli, you can create a calculated field with a rank function, sort by count(ride_id). And then use the calculated field in parameterized filter to implement pagination.

Did this solution work for you? I am marking this reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

1 Like