Box plot/Candlestick chart issue

Hi All,

We have scenario where we will be showing overall average of measure value with min and maximum within same visual over time period. Also we have to represent same overall average, min and max for selected value from one of parameter as well. So there will be total 6 data points (Overall avg, min score, max score, Avg for selected value from paramter, min score for selected value from param, Max score from selected value from param) over time period on X - Axis.

We tried using box plot chart and there were few issues as mentioned below :

1. There is no option to hide 1st and 3rd quartile data within box plot.
  2. No control on width of box. So it won’t look good for weekly data.
  3. We have separate measures field for max, min and overall average score.

Could you please suggest best way to visualize above scenario?

Thanks in advance…!

1 Like

Hello @vaibhavt, is there a single category/group that you are trying to see these values for? Like a single product or something and you want to visualize all of those aggregations? I think with the number of different aggregations you are wanting to view, it would be better to try splitting them up in order to visualize them or implement them within a table visual.

The visual that seems like the best option to implement most of these data points would be a Clustered Bar Combo Chart. This visual allows you to add multiple data points in for the bar chart portion and the line graph. I think you would be able to get closer to your desired result with this visual.

Hello @vaibhavt, did my above response help guide you to your expected result? If so, please mark it as the solution. Otherwise, if you respond to the questions I asked, I can try to guide you further. If we don’t hear back from you in 3 days, I will archive this topic. Thank you!

Hello @vaibhavt, since we have not heard back from you, I will archive this topic. If you still need assistance, please post a new question in the community and link this question to provide relevant information. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!