Bug: Format Visual -> Style is not exported in the asset definition

When exporting an asset as code (aws quicksight start-asset-bundle-export-job) the styles are not exported.

I verified this by exporting the definition, then changing the styles, and then exporting again. The resulting export does not have any diff.

Also when re-importing it, the styles get lost.

Hey @m0ltar , Thank you for calling this out!

To be sure it’s a bug, have you been able to achieve this with the export job in the past?

It’s a bug given the following description of the feature here: Automate and accelerate your Amazon QuickSight asset deployments using the new APIs

Today, we are releasing six new QuickSight APIs to allow programmatic access to export and import QuickSight assets—dashboards, analyses, datasets including ingestion schedules, data sources, themes, and VPC configurations—across accounts and environments. These new APIs allow you to interact with a collection of assets in a lift-and-shift manner for deployment across QuickSight accounts, enable backup and restore, and support replication so you can automate workflows and achieve your desired infrastructure setup. These new capabilities bring greater agility to your BIOps teams, allowing you to automate and seamlessly integrate QuickSight assets into existing infrastructure.

Highlights are mine. Something cannot be considered a backup if it fails to restore exactly the same way. And “replication” implies 1:1 copy, if this uses database terminology.

No

Hey @m0ltar !

I updated the tags and I marked this as a feature request for allowing visualization styles to be included when someone runs start-asset-bundle-export-job.