Bug: Unable to process your request while preparing the table view from your schema

Ran into a bug while trying to solve another bug …

Cannot duplicate from the UI: Duplication is unsupported for datasets with row level security configured

So I have a script that exports the dataset and then creates a duplicate.

It worked before.

But today I ran into:

InvalidParameterValueException: Unable to process your request while preparing the table view from your schema, calculated columns […] are invalid. ErrorType: CONTEXTUAL_UNKNOWN_SYMBOL

I am not changing the data set in any way. Just making two API calls using the AWS SDK v3 for JS.

1. DescribeDataSetCommand to get the dataset out
  2. CreateDataSetCommand to create the new data set

I’m able to use DescribeDataset and CreateDataset to duplicate datasets with RLS. I tried it just now and it worked fine.

Do you have calculated fields in the original dataset? Did you check if there are any errors with those calculated fields?

1 Like

@David_Wong Yes, I’ve used the script several times before and it worked fine.

But in this particular case it does not.

Do you have calculated fields in the original dataset? Did you check if there are any errors with those calculated fields?

How do you check that?

In the UI everything works fine.

When you’re editing your dataset, can you click on “Edit calculation” for each calculated field (if you have any) and check that there isn’t any references to deleted fields?

1 Like