Calculated field outcome to be passed as input parameter

Hi
I have one input parameter - User, where in the visual I display his/her employee details, emp number, name, DOJ, dept, etc.
Now, the requirement is, for the input parameter User, there could be 2 managers and 1 reportee, and I want their details also to be displayed.
e.g let’s say I enter the parameter -User, John, His Managers Katie, George and reportee Mathew, details also to be displayed, either in the same visual OR in next 3 visuals, for each one of them.
I have got the details of Managers/Reportees of John from a calculated field, but not sure how to pass them as Input parameters for other visuals to display their details.
Any help or idea is appreciated. Thank you.

Hi @Subrjaya2
to be honest, I find it hard to follow your problem description with all the “John, His Managers Katie, George and reportee Mathew” content.
Can you maybe describe it in more detail with screenshots or something similar?
BR

OK, when I enter ONE input parameter - Username, i want to display the details of that user and also show data for upward and downward hierarchy of the user. Hope this is more clear now. Thanks

@Subrjaya2
Do you have fields for username, upward and downward or where are the information located?

Source is from excel, but for any given user i can have the entire heirarchy via calculated field.
Challenge is I am not clear as to how to pass these calculated field values as input parameters to get the details of those as well.

You can try alternate approach using an or filter.
Lets say you have 3 fields - user, manager, reportee
use the same user parameter to configure a filter in or format -

1. user is equal to parameter user
    or
  2. manager is equal to parameter user
    or
  3. reportee is equal to parameter user

Maybe it will help to share some sample date or better an Arena dashboard.

@Subrjaya2 ,

Checking in. We have not heard back from you regarding your question. We’d still like to help. If we do not hear back in the next 3 days, we will archive the question.