Calculated filed in Quicksight

Hi, Trying to get a calculated filed in my dataset,
if “xcolumn” is less then 10 column should be “Min”
I have tried a few approaches but it is only showing 0

Thanks

Hi @daniel.mckee2 : could you please paste the formula you’re using?

2 Likes

Hi @daniel.mckee2 - I agree with @SD_QS , please provide some details on the requirement like your input and expected output. If possible share a screenshot ( ensure not to share the PII and PCI details). This will help community member to help and provide the right solution.

Regards - Sanjeeb

2 Likes

({xcolumn} < 10)
and I named the calculation filed “Min”

I have created a calculated field based on the field I have “Y column”,
in “Y column” I have data 0 to 20,
I want to create an additional column when “Y column” is less then 10 to show me a list of data from 0 to 10 in a new Column ( x)
thanks

Thanks @daniel.mckee2 . So you have input of 20 data points ( 0-20), You want to create a calculated field for the values 0-10, what about others? Can you please share the use case, if you are looking for 0-10 data points, why you can filter it out at data preparation layer.

Regards - Sanjeeb

This is a starting point to create multiple calculated fields , the rest will be in another field when I get the first one working,
eventually we would have 5+ fields where we break it into different number Category ( ie 0-10, 11- 20 etc)
thanks,
the issue is I cant get this ({xcolumn} < 10) work , I have also applied if xcolumn < …,
but it doesn’t work the way I want , I think my syntax isn’t correct,
thanks

Hi @daniel.mckee2 - Thanks. It will be good if you can provide the complete requirement so that we can understand the use case and guide you accordingly.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

this is a complete requirement ,
the question isn’t about the business requirement ,
it is about the syntax, when you create a calculated column in Edit calculated field page
and want to apply a faction to show data less then 10 for a specific filed, what do one type?
cheers

Thanks @daniel.mckee2 - You can use ifelse function for the same.

See the sample example-

ifelse({data_value} <10, "Min","Max")

sample screenshot.

By Saying that business requirement is important so that we can see which function and approach we can use in QuickSight.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Thank you Sanjeeb, you are right

1 Like

Thank you @daniel.mckee2 . Please mark the suggestion which helped for you as solution so that it can help the other community members.

Have a great week ahead.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi,
Sure it is done.

1 Like