Can I access multiple dimension fields on the same y-axis for a horizontal stacked 100% bar chart?

I’m trying to chart the same measures for multiple types of employees who are all tied to the same customer orders in my dataset.

I want to use a horizontal stacked 100% bar chart to visualize the frequencies where an employee was involved in different types of customer orders. However, each customer order has multiple employees who are involved since these employees are part different departments and serve different functions during customer orders. The dataset consists of rows of unique customer orders, and there are 3 employees associated with each customer order row. I want to chart all employees cohesively on a single visualization instead of charting these breakdowns separately for each employee on each order, but I can’t figure out how to get multiple employees aggregated onto a single dimension/axis.

I’m looking for a method to build out a calculated field that can recreate this logic, or a way to directly add multiple dimensions from the data onto a single axis, however I don’t believe the latter is possible.

So you’re saying you have 3 columns that give you the employee’s names?

Can you concat these columns? Possibly checking if they are null or not too?

concat(ifelse(isNull({employee_1}),‘’,{employee_1}),‘-’,ifelse(isNull({employee_2}),‘’,{employee_2}),‘-’,ifelse(isNull({employee_3}),‘’,{employee_3}))

I want to reference the customer order data individually for each of the 3 employees listed on the order. So I need each employee to have their own individual breakdown rather than having them concatenated as one. A simplified example row in the dataset might look like this, with parentheses denoting individual fields:

(Order ID) (Manager) (Sales) (Driver) (Price) (Positive/Negative/Neutral Rating)

And with many rows it starts to look like:

(Order A) (Manager 1) (Salesperson 2) (Driver 3) ($100) (Positive)
(Order B) (Manager 4) (Salesperson 5) (Driver 3) ($200) (Negative)
(Order C) (Manager 4) (Salesperson 5) (Driver 6) ($500) (Positive)
(Order D) (Manager 1) (Salesperson 2) (Driver 6) ($300) (Neutral)

I want to build a visual that puts each employee on a single axis of the same horizontal stacked 100% bar chart and do something like this:

Manager 1: [Insert horizontal breakdown of Positive/Neutral/Negative ratings]
Manager 4: [Insert horizontal breakdown of Positive/Neutral/Negative ratings]
Sales 2: [Insert horizontal breakdown of Positive/Neutral/Negative ratings]
Sales 5: [Insert horizontal breakdown of Positive/Neutral/Negative ratings]
Driver 3: [Insert horizontal breakdown of Positive/Neutral/Negative ratings]
Driver 6: [Insert horizontal breakdown of Positive/Neutral/Negative ratings]

To do this, I need to get Positive/Neutral/Negatives scores for every order that each employee is associated with. Every rating is associated with an order, and by extension associated with 3 different employees. If Order A is rated as Positive, I need the three dimensions: Manager 1, Salesperson 2, and Driver 3, to be listed on the same axis of the horizontal stacked 100% bar chart, with each of them being credited with an order that was rated Positive.

In this fake example there are 4 orders and 6 different employees (each listed twice) across the 4 orders. I need all 6 employees on their own line of a single axis of the chart, with each of them credited with some combination of 2 ratings. I can only figure out how to do it by building separate charts for each type of employee.

Hello @connor - If I understand your problem statement correctly, then I believe you need to modify the dataset in such a way that you have a single Employee column which contains Manager, SalesPerson and Driver Entries. That will probably allow you to project that dimension in a Horizontal Chart to achieve what you are looking for. Please see the below reference snapshot for your reference. Hope this helps!

Dataset format snapshot:

Analysis Snapshot:

Did my suggestion help you in resolving your query? If yes, would request you to mark the post as “Solution”. This will help the community to find guidance and answers to similar question. Thank you!