Can I set the date picker start date to default to "no date" (which would include nulls?) But nulls aren't included if a specific start date is defined?

Hello! I have a date picker filter included on my dashboard which is connected to a particular date field in the dataset. The dashboard is currently set to have a default start date of 2021/01/01 and end date of Today. However, I wonder if it is possible to have the default start date be blank. Then, all would all be included in the dashboard?

I suppose we could set the default start date to be something like 1900/01/01 which might do the same thing, however, we have also found that there are a few records that do not have the date field populated in the dataset, so these are not pulling in–even with the start date set to 1900/01/01.

I see that it is possible to change the Null option dropdown to be Include nulls, but then my assumption is that the null records would also be included if the user modified the date range to for example 2023/01/01 - Today. In this case, we wouldn’t want the null records to be included.

Can anyone confirm if I am understanding this correctly and if the “blank” start date is possible, or if the two choices are really to either include Nulls in all date ranges defined, or exclude in all date ranges defined? Thank you!

Hello @kakervall !

My understanding of the date picker is that you have to set a default date and it can not be blank. You might be able to achieve this with a parameter value:

1 Like