Can we freeze a QuickSight Paginated Report from further editing once it is published

Can we freeze a QuickSight Paginated Report from further editing once it is published

The one way would be to delete the analysis that it’s linked to.

If you do not want any change in the dashboard … possibly restrict access to read only…

Thank you @Max and @Sanjeeb2022 !

1. Deleting the Dataset might not be possible. We need the dataset.
  2. Restricting the access in sense, like as QuickSight admin I can restrict the access to everyone else! So that i becomes read only
1 Like

Thank you @Max and @Sanjeeb2022 !

1. Deleting the Dataset might not be possible. We need the dataset.
  2. Restricting the access in sense, like as QuickSight admin I can restrict the access to everyone else! So that it becomes read only?

When I saw the options to restrict access on QuickSight with “Manage Permission”, its like a generic permission I cant control over each user I believe, Can you please let me know who exactly I can restrict the access for different users?

@Sanjeeb2022 , I know there is a role associated with every user in Quicksight like READER, AUTHOR, ADMIN. But this again might not help me.!
Lets say in a scenario, I wan User X to work on the Dashboard B, but at the same time I want to restrict User X on Dashboard A. Something like this I need to do! Is there any way?

@kodimalar.sakthivel - Yes, you can do it. See the below steps.

When you share your dashboard, you give only viewer access to the user.

Regards - San

1 Like

Thanks Sanjeeb, I dont see this option when I click on the “Share this view”! I have the screen shot attached below. And I am on Enterprise version of QuickSight! Not sure why there is a difference

But I am able to add co-worked, viewer in this way.

Thank you so much! this helps a lot!

@kodimalar.sakthivel - Did you publish this dashboard or OWNER of this dashboard.
Have a look on the ownership.

Regards - San

1 Like