Change the dimension of a chart on QuickSight Dashboard when I am a Reader

Do we have any option where I can change the dimension of a chart on Reader mode?

For example, If i have a Bar chart which displays the Ratings in X-axis and Company Name in Y axis, Can I change the Y-axis dimension from “Company name” to “Location or Country” etc,. (when I am exploring the published dashboard)?

Considering that underlying data-table is having the Ratings, Company Name, Location, Country etc,. Just that I want to see the Rating based on Company Name, as well as Location, Country. Need to have an option to choose the Y axis dimension!

If there is an existing feature please let me know it will help a lot!

Yes, you can do that using parameters. You can see how it’s done in this demo.
https://democentral.learnquicksight.online/#Dashboard-TipsAndTricks-Interactivity-Dynamic-Dimensions-and-Measures

2 Likes

Thanks David, This helped me!

Hi @David_Wong,

Related to this, is it possible to dynamically change the key “name” in the Legend when dynamically using a control and calculated value to change the charts?
I know this is possible with the chart Title, but I can’t find a way to do it with the Legend.

For example, I have a calculated field on the chart called Measures and I can change it dynamically, which will also change the Title, however in the legend, it remains as Measures.

1 Like

Hi @AWSCliff,

I don’t think you can do that. You can change the legend title but not the items in the legend.