Cid-cmd cannot update an AWS Cloud Intelligence Dashboard

while using an AWS tool, cid-cmd (Python app), i am unable to update an AWS WAL CUDOS dashboard. I am logged into the same region and account that has the dashboards. The role i authenticate to the account has admin permissions. Has anyone seen this while working with AWS WAL’s cid-cmd tool to update a dashboard?

$ cid-cmd update --dashboard-id xxxxxxxx-ae2d-4934-976b-xxxxxxxxxxx
CLOUD INTELLIGENCE DASHBOARDS (CID) CLI 0.2.47 Beta

Loading plugins…
Core loaded

Checking AWS environment…
profile name: default
accountId: xxxxxxxxxx
AWS userId: AWSReservedSSO_xxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxx/me@example.com
Region: us-east-1

Discovering deployed dashboards… [####################################] 100% “Trusted Advisor Organizational View” (ta-organiza
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/cloudshell-user/.local/bin/cid-cmd”, line 8, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1157, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1078, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1688, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1434, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 783, in invoke
return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/decorators.py”, line 33, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/cloudshell-user/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cid/cli.py”, line 35, in wrapper
res = func(ctx, **kwargs)
File “/home/cloudshell-user/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cid/cli.py”, line 205, in update
ctx.obj.update(dashboard_id, force=force, recursive=recursive, **kwargs)
File “/home/cloudshell-user/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cid/common.py”, line 178, in wrap
return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/cloudshell-user/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cid/common.py”, line 1018, in update
return self._deploy(dashboard_id, recursive=recursive, update=True)
File “/home/cloudshell-user/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cid/common.py”, line 446, in _deploy
raise ValueError(f’Cannot find dashboard with id={dashboard_id} in resources file.')
ValueError: Cannot find dashboard with id=xxxxxxx-ae2d-4934-976b-xxxxxxxxx in resources file.

1 Like

Hello @wjorgensen, I don’t have any experience with the cid-cmd tool so I don’t have any helpful information in regards to the issue you are currently facing. I am thinking this is something that might be worth reaching out to their team about to figure out if it is an issue on their end. You might be able to get better assistance.

You can also try filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello @wjorgensen, since we have not heard back from you with any follow-up questions, I will archive this topic. If you still need assistance with this, please post a new topic in the community. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!