Column Level Security blocks entire visual rather than the specified column

I’m trying to use Column Level Security to restrict a specific column with names, but instead it restricts the entire visual. FYI, the visual is a simple table.

I’ve read other posts with the same issue, but never saw a resolution.

Hi @ack,

Thank you for posting. Have you also used the documentation below?

If yes and the issue persist, please please raise a ticket to AWS Customer support team ( Link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support) to guide you in setting this up.

Regards,
Demola

@ack ,

That’s right .

Here is an example
User on the left can see values in column , user on the right is restricted from data for that specific column.
If the column is used in any of calculations, that is visible . For example : In this scenario, the license detail is restricted for a user. But a count of licenses is visible in another visual .

Kind regards,
Koushik

1 Like

Yes @Demola I’ve looked at the documentation.

@Koushik_Muthanna It’s a simple table, and in this case shouldn’t only the column be blocked? SImilar to this table in the docuemnation found HERE.

@ack,

Within the same blog , you will see the following : If the column is in the Group by , Row , or Column field, you get an error message saying You can’t access this visual because this field is restricted : Sales .

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply @Koushik_Muthanna

I missed that those were “group by”, and I was thinking they were columns.

Can you help me understand how to get the attached visual? I feel like I’m missing something obvious, but I have seen others with the same question on here.

Thanks again

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 11.59.21 AM

If you don’t need to aggregate rows, then you can consider putting all your fields in the “Values” field well and keeping Group by field well empty

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Tatyana_Yakushev
Unless I’m doing something wrong, which could very well be the case, when I put it in the “Values” field it only shows me the count, and I can’t get it to show me the actual data in the fields (like in this case the names).

It will add aggregations like count if you have some fields in the “Group by” well. You should be able to see unaggregated data if “Group by” well is completely empty

Oh my goodness… that was it!!!
Thank you @Tatyana_Yakushev!!