Comparing values from two identical filtered tables

I have two identical tables (unable to share due to data privacy). Both tables have a datetime filter which uses a parameter to pass through from the controls. Essentially we are trying to find how many customers have left/disconnected from an app between two points in time.

My main goal is to create a calculated field that is able to use the email (we declared this is the ID) to search if it is contained in the left table (start of the period) and not contained in the right table (end of period). However, I was unable to use contains or IN as it only passes or checks through a value at a time.

What would be another solution? Once I have the calculated field I am trying to create a line graph to show the customers who have left everyday for a certain period selected at the start.

date is datetime and email or ID is a string

Hello @arenarent,

Have you tried joining both tables using the email or ID and see if you can get the data out of the joined data like in a left join? if the table is exactly the same table phisically but used in 2 visualization only passing differnt parameters to filter them, maybe you can do a self join in a custom SQL passing the dataset parameters in the data preparation to the different tables.

Hope this helps!

Hi @andres007

thanks for the reply! might I add I’ve already joined the tables but the two tables I was referring to were visualisation tables created in the Analyses. The only thing I could think was to create a new calculated field that passes 1 or 0, 1 being if the same email is found on the left table but not on the right.

Can you share an example of the fields and data you have on the original dataset?