Conditional formatting allows for glyphs but none of the unicode glyphs works

When I am trying to format a cell based on conditions (conditional formatting), there is an option to use customized icons. The prompt indicates it must be a valid unicode glyph. I tried to paste different unicode glyphs and they are all coming up as invalid. Can you tell me the format of what needs to be entered or a list of what is available?

I have tried:
004C
u004C
u+004C
U+004C
U004C

The only way I have found that works is to copy and paste the image.

Then you can paste it in

2 Likes

Hello there,

I tried many Unicodes but none of them worked. Although, I tried the same with Max and it worked!!
Here you can find a huge list of Unicode Symbols.

I hope you can find the symbol you want in the list and copy/paste it into Quicksight.
Good luck

Hi Max. I hope its okay that I am coming into this conversation so late. I am stuck having the same problem. I am trying to get the icons $ and % in my conditional formatting settings for a KPI box, so that depending on the metric that is chosen via a Parameter and Control, the correct icon will display in the KPI box.

I keep getting the error that I have entered an invalid unicode glyph. I have tried U+0025, 0025, U0025, 25, etc. as well as entering the % symbol into the field but keep getting the “invalid unicode glyph” error. (same goes for $)

Any idea what I’m doing wrong here? Thank you!

I use Huge List of Unicode Character Symbols to copy directly from the website to QuickSight. I find that manually typing it in myself doesn’t work.