Conditional formatting in QuickSight for rows in pivot table visualization

Hello all,

Could be nice to implement a function that allows the user to highlight a date that is in a pivot table using conditional formatting.

For example, if I have a pivot table for project tracking control with due dates, I would like to be able to highlight when the project is overdue using a function like =Today() and then compare the due date of my project with the today’s date, so if I have a pivot with 100 due dates, I would like to see in an easy way which ones are ok, which ones passed the due date but without using a regular table.

Thank you!
Best regards.

You can use parameters and set up a calculated field with an ifelse statement and then set up conditional formatting on that field.

Set up the parameter

Set up the calculated field

Set up conditional formatting

Now you can change the parameter and it will flag any date lower.

You can change the logic (i.e greater than, equal to etc…).

Is this what you’re looking for?

1 Like

You’re a legend Max! That’s a good solution for my situation.
I was wondering if you can help me with this last requirement,

If I have tasks in my project with a due date like you can see in the photo uploaded:
I would like a field that can consider if the % done is 100% but if the due date already passed I dont want to see it as overdue but finished, then if I have a task that the % done is not 100% and the date already passed I would like to see it as overdue and last but not least I think I can apply the previous parameter you explained me to show a task that is not overdue

Screenshot 2023-02-03 111548

Please let me know if my explanation is not very clear
Thanks for your support :slight_smile: