Connecting two filters together to filter the contents of one filter

Hi everyone, happy new year!

Over the course of asking questions and understanding more about QS, there have been some changes made to my company’s database. I have data that spans three countries. Previously, each country’s order ID, order details, etc were stored in separate tables. However, they’ve now been combined into one with an additional column stating the respective country that order was placed in. I’m conducted an analysis on the performance of 3PL that my company uses, and each country has its own list of 3PLs. The first step towards creating any visual would then be to use a filter to filter data by country, as seen in the image below:

The first few visuals target the overall performance of the 3PL services. However, in another visual which takes a deeper dive into the performance of an individual 3PL, the issue arises: I’m still seeing 3PL services from other countries, despite me selecting Country 1 on the filter which is pinned to the top, as seen in the image below

The filter list should ideally look like this list:

Is it possible for me to filter the values of a filter?

Hi @rohit_SB
Sound to me like you are looking for

BR

Hi Eric, thank you. I’m a bit confused about the application process of cascading filters. Would you be able to give me an overview of how I can achieve this? I’m still relatively new to quicksight, so I’m still learning the functionality

Hi @rohit_SB
create the filters you need (at least two).
For one you have to specify “show relevant values only”

BR

1 Like

Wow didn’t know its that simple :sweat_smile: Thank you!

1 Like