CONNECTION_FAILURE: Amazon QuickSight can’t connect to your data source

Hi,

We have a data source connected from Quicksight to MySQL Aurora.
Last week we upgrade de instance to increase the speed of ingesting data to Spice.
But we are having errors ingesting the datasources above all all of them which have Group By sentences in the query.
We were testing running alone the query, and sometimes (we don’t know why) we can finished the refresh, but most of the time we received the error.

The error message is:

Error type:

CONNECTION_FAILURE

Amazon QuickSight can’t connect to your data source. Check the data source connection settings and try again.

Error details:

Communications link failure The last packet successfully received from the server was 522,043 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 522,043 milliseconds ago.

1 Like

Hi @KLIKIN - The error shows the connectivity issue. I will advise first the test connectivity from QuickSight to Aurora. Looks like some connection broke. To test the connectivity you can go to data set → Net data set → open your connection and test the connectivity.

If the test connectivity is working, then we have see SPICE error. For that, please raise a ticket to AWS Customer support team so that they can verify the details with screenshare and provide you the details. To raise a ticket to AWS customer support, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

I tested the connection and is working, about Spice I also tested without it and I received the same error

2 Likes

Thanks @KLIKIN - What is the data volume of the table? Since SPICE is shared with all users, better to check how much SPICE space left for your account. As I mentioned previously, please raise a ticket to AWS Customer support team so that they can view the details by screenshare and troubleshoot this issue.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

The query is about 12GB and I have free space in Spice about 60 Gbs

1 Like

Hi @KLIKIN - The data volume looks ok, please raise a ticket to AWS Customer support team to assist you on this.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Ok Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi @KLIKIN is this issue resolved. If yes, how? because I am also facing the same issue