Count differences between KPI and data table

Hi all,

I have a KPI visual, calculating distinct count of X (string column)
for specific filters, it shows a number, for the sake of this example, let’s say it shows 100

Duplicating that very same KPI, and turning it into data table, then later exporting this table and counting all unique instances of X in the Excel file, gives a different’ lower count.

I have checked the filters, the value calculation of the KPI and nothing wrong there.

What can be the source of that issue?
How’s the KPI distinct count is calculated?

Are you grouping it by anything in your table?

For instance an id can show up on multiple months. If you have separated out those months then it will count it twice because it is unique for that month.

Hi Max :slightly_smiling_face:

No, my table isn’t grouped by anything, it’s only have that one column - X
I actually duplicated the KPI and turned it into table, then tried both the value and the group by on the field wells, both showed lower count than the KPI as described in my first post

Hello @Harel, sorry you did not receive a response! If you were able to resolve the problem you were facing, do you mind posting what you did to fix it? Otherwise, if you are still trying to solve this issue, feel free to post a new topic in the community so you will be at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!

Hello @Harel, I will go ahead and archive this ticket. If you still need help, feel free to post a new topic in the community and a QuickSight expert can help you resolve the issue you are facing!