Create a calculated field with manually adding a list of string values

Hi,

I want to add a calculated field, which contains a list of strings that can be manually added and modified.
For example, I want to add a field called “Time Slot”, it contains “Morning”, “Afternoon”, “Midnight”.
I saw a similar ask, but the solution still needs to compare with an existing field.
Anyone can help with this? Thank you!

Hi @danddong,

I would like to understand the request a little better. If you create a parameter with multiple values you can use that in the calculated field, as explained in the tagged post. Can you explain your scenario and why multi-valued parameter will not work?

Thanks,
Sri

1 Like

Hi Sri,

I would love to calculate percentages of each subcategory comparing to total order volumes. But the subcategories may have overlap.
For example:
below screenshot shows weekly numbers and percentages of the order volumes that arrived at different timeframes. Column A means if the order arrive < 0 hour comparing to the scheduled time, or arrive < 6 hours comparing to the scheduled time.
In my current dataset, there’s a time bucket to flag if it’s less than 0 or less than 6.
However, the current metrics are counting both <0 and <6 under “Less than 6 hours”, like below:

If I use this field directly, the <6 will only counting the orders that arrive between 0-6 time frame, like below:

So, I want to manually create a string list as a new time bucket, and then calculate them using different formulas.

Perhaps this question is more like how to calculate subsets using a formula like ifelse but allows the subsets overlaps?

Hi @Srikanth_Baheti , I think I found another link to solve my problem. This solution recommends to overlay the views, which works for me. I calculated two different time buckets and overlay the two views.
However, I will still need to add a single column to show as line number in dashboards, like below.
Do you know if there’s any other way to solve this? Thank you!

Hello @danddong, my apologies for the delayed response. If you are still looking for a way to add a RowID within QuickSight, this community topic should give you answer you are looking for!