Creating a date constant

I need a date constant that isn’t tied to one of my column values. For instance, I have dates for people that opened account 1 and dates for people that opened account 2. I want a pivot table that has the dates in the row, and count of people that opened account 1 and account 2 for values. If I use the dates for people that opened account 1, account 2 numbers wont populate and vice versa. How do I make it so both counts show up on one pivot table? I tried extracting the date from the original date, I tried parsedate, neither worked. When I use those, whatever account type date I extracted the date from will work; the other won’t.

Hi,

can you handle this with parameter ? this will hold your constant value and used anywhere.

regards,
Naveed Ali

I don’t want it to be a drop down list. I was hoping to use it in a pivot table. Is that possible with parameters? Sorry, new to this.

Do you offer one on one trainings?

if you are looking for training, you may register for the QuickSight events in here Events - Amazon QuickSight Community
it includes onsite and virtual Immersion Days. You may also reach out to your AWS Account Manager for arranging a customized QuickSight Immersion Day