Creation of Timestamp Parameter for Pagination Report

Hi All,

I created a calculated field at the dataset level to generate a time stamp using now() , and now I want to create a parameter to store this value. I aim to utilize this parameter in the Pagination report without creating any controls. Below is the calculation I used and the string format for it.

formatDate(addDateTime(-5, ‘HH’, now()), “yyyy-MMM-dd HH:mm:ss”)

and also in the pagination report I could see print date option but not the complete time stamp.Is there a way to have current time stamp in pagination report?

Hello @hellosai321 !

Did that formatDate calculation return an error on your paginated report or not work as expected?

Hi @duncan ,

I don’t see any error in this method, but I would like to view it in a 12-hour format, including AM or PM. Additionally, in the pagination report, when I select the print date option, it only provides the date without a timestamp. Is there a way to add a timestamp to the pagination indicating when the report was generated? This timestamp should be visible in the header of the first page but not repeated throughout the report.

Hey @hellosai321 !

You can add visuals to the header that would be able to show the date of when the paginated report was sent out.

For this, what is your Data source? That will have an effect on whether the data will be 24 or 12 hour format.

Hi @duncan ,

I have created a visual and it is working fine but my customer wants to see timestamp only once on the header but not on all pages if I have 10 pages, I want to see timestamp first page of the header.

And also the dataset is Athena for 12-hours format ask.

1 Like

Hello @hellosai321 !

I’m sorry about the late reply, I can mark this as feature request for the Quicksight team!