Currencies symbol changed to Dollar sign

Since this morning, we have noticed that all our dashboards and analyses have switched the currency fields’ symbol to Dollar (from Euro in our case). Region is eu-west-1.

Will this be fixed or should we manually change all fields again? :cry:

that sounds horrible!
I just checked and in our reports the currency is still Euro. :pray:

Its not a quick solution, but if you have some engineers, they could crawl every analysis with the API and change the currency with the new API endpoints.

This has happened to us as well, from pound to dollar, can this be fixed please? We shouldn’t have to go and change our reports, our reports shouldn’t just change randomly. What has occurred here and when will it be fixed?

Region eu-west-1

Issue seems to have been fixed now. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear it, @darcoli!

Thanks @thomask for replying to this!

Do you have any information on what happened? When you have reports that show values in the 100’s of Billions of £’s, it can be very disconcerting to suddenly have the amounts change to $’s. How do we know this won’t happen again?

This seems to have come back in a different form now… now we see double currency symbols

Hi @darcoli.

You may want to file a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

Adding @gillepa and @olivia who are on call next week, in case they have ideas as to what may be going on.

Hi @darcoli,

Did you edit the formatting recently? If possible try to edit it again and make sure to clear out any lingering prefix so only the currency symbol is selected in the custom formatting for the column.

FYI the “prefix” setting is under:

Custom formatting options (from field menu) > Units > prefix

I do not recall editing the prefix… only setting the currency to Euro when there was the previous issue… but setting a prefix and clearing it out again does indeed fix the problem. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction… Now I just need to to do that for in visuals which have the issue :sweat_smile: