Dashboard not updating with serverless deploy

We are using serverless to build and deploy everything in our quicksight project. The initial deploy works fine and all the dasboards and analyses line up. On subsequent deploys the analyses update but the dashboards do not. I assume its because the analyses aren’t publishing on update. Does anyone have a good solution so our dashboards will update when the analyses are updated with our deploys?

@willk Updating analysis does not auto update the dashboard, you can update the dashboard using API and update the published version of the dashboard.

Thanks

So do I need to recreate the dashboard each time? We have the dashboards being created in the serverless but that solution makes it seem like we need to recreate the dashboard every time using the api, not allowing us to use serverless to update dashboards.

@willk, you are updating the same dashboard (same dashboard name, dashboard id), creating and publishing a new version.

I guess I’m looking for a way where we don’t have to duplicate all the dashboard creation code that we already have in serverless. The update the dashboard api looks like I need to pretty much copy all the code from the original creation to do the update.

@willk have you explored the asset as bundle APIs. Asset as bundle accelerates and simplifies the asset deployment process.