Dashboard "Tiled" Layout - Fit To Window - Default Settings

(I’m planning to move all of my dashboard layouts from classic to tiled - optimized for 1920px)

How does the “Fit to window” default settings work when using a “Tiled” layout setting?

My end user had the “Fit to window” unchecked when first opening the dashboard.
Is this a setting that is preserved either during or after the reader session — either across all dashboards or dashboard specific toggling?

Hi!
The “fit to window” default settings are unchecked for each user by default. Once a user checks the “fit to window” box, then all dashboards created with Tiled layout that this user views are shown in the “fit to window” manner (both during the existing session and subsequent sessions). The “fit to window” is associated with the user not the individual dashboards.

Best Regards,
Kellie

2 Likes

Hi @Kellie_Burton
how to go back to Default (unchecked)? Unfortunately, I have no success in doing that

hi woliveiras!
If a user unchecks the Fit to Window box on a dashboard, that selection is stored with the user and defaults back to not Fit to Window on any dashboard opened by that user. I did test this in my environment and confirmed these results. Each user has the power to check or uncheck the Fit to Window.

3 Likes

Thank you @Kellie_Burton . Really appreciate it.

1 Like

Thanks for marking this as solved @woliveiras @Kellie_Burton! :slight_smile:

@Kellie_Burton Hi,

I have the same issue. When I share dashboard link to a public user he does not access to fit to window checkbox.
Did you realize how to soolve?