Data label formatting doesn't match what's set for value

Good afternoon,
Question about formats on bar chart data labels. I’m struggling to get the percent format which I have set as a percent in the field well to display as such in the visual. What am I missing?
Thanks,
Eric

Hi @emelymuk
you want to show percent and “normal” values in the same stacked bar chart?
BR

I have the percent column “hidden” (white to match background) as an attempt to display that value (match / total) as opposed to the counts that create the stacked bars. The match rate is the import value, but users need to get a sense of the total number of elements (especially when looking at bottom [XX] matching elements).

Hello @emelymuk, were you able to resolve this issue? In regards to what you are expecting to display, you mentioned you have hidden the display for the match rate. Are you just trying to change how that value is formatted in the tooltip? You can utilize the detailed tooltip when you customize the visual to change how that is presented and what values are returned. That should allow you to return the value as expected.

I’ll mark this as a solution for now, but if you have any follow-up questions or if I am not on the right track, please let me know.